Friday, December 20, 2013

Recycle Poem

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You say you care about our future
But you won't recycle...
Throw back another bottle,
toss it in the trash,
Smash another can.
You say our love is worth saving
But you won't recycle...
You refuse my love,
reuse old lies,
Our love is rotting.
You say let's bring us back
But you won't recycle...
Waste another kiss,
burn love letters,
written with my tears,
on recycled paper.
Turns to ash,
then to dust,
your heart continues to rust.
Life, re-birth, fueled by mother earth, my fire burns and I no longer yearn for your careless ways.
Written By: Deann MacDonald
I wrote this originally as song lyrics, but I really don't know the first thing about composing music. When I first began to write this piece, I did not intend for it to come out angrily like it sounds. I guess I was in a mood and annoyed with a certain non-recycler and it just came through in my writing. Although these words are not intended for the non-recycler I mention. The photo is from a school field trip that I went on as a volunteer parent. The field trip inspired me to start worm composting and buy glass, reusable milk bottles. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment