Thursday, April 11, 2013

Walk a Mile In My Shoes

Walk a mile in my shoes.
See what I see.
Hear what I hear. Feel what I feel.
THEN, MAYBE you'll
understand why I do what I do.
Till then, don't judge me.
 
Yosemite - below Vernal Falls 2011

Pillsbury Lake 2012 - owner identified*

Pismo Beach 2010

Stinson Beach - Parking Lot 2013

 I don't know what it is about random shoe sightings that I have encountered during my adventures. I find them to be curious, mysterious and forlorn. I can't help but to wonder who the person was wearing the shoe, where the shoe had traveled, how the shoe got left behind, and what became of the other mate? The shoes above where found and photographed in there original locations. They were perhaps forgotten, swept away by the surf, washed away in the tumbling rapids, lost and abandoned and never to be worn again. I can only hope that these expired shoes that once lived an adventurous life with their mates can somehow find peace and solitude as single shoe.

*Duct tape fip-flops at Lake Pillsbury were still being worn by their owner at the time the photo was taken, current status of flip-flops is unknown. 



No comments:

Post a Comment